Opportunities at helpNYC
Job Title: Ambassador
Purpose: helpNYC’s Ambassadors are the face of helpNYC to our partner organizations. They support our mission by identifying and researching programs and organizations that fit the criteria for listing with helpNYC. They network and build mutually beneficial relationships with agencies and organizations that partner or list with helpNYC. Our Ambassadors are the first face most people meet when partnering with us.
Location: New York City Metro Region.
- Identifying programs, agencies, and organizations providing services to New Yorkers in need.
- Researching and confirming details of programs, agencies, and organizations providing services to New Yorkers in need.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders.
- Helps with maintaining helpNYC’s listings.
- Provides vital support to leadership at conferences, events, and meetings.
- Other activities and assignments that are mutually beneficial to the Ambassador and helpNYC’s programing.
- And other responsibilities assigned as needed.
Length of Service: Ambassadors serve 6 month terms.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 3 hours a week at the Ambassador’s choice.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- New York City Resident
- Excellent knowledge of New York City Metro Region.
- Self-identify as a person who has lived experience receiving mental health services, medical services, public assistance programs, supportive housing, and/or been homeless, disabled, etcetera in the New York City Metro Region.
- Self-identify as a person with lived experience as a member of an oppressed community.
- Certified Peer Specialist, CASAC, Recovery Coach or other peer certifications preferred but not required.
- Fluent in English, bilingual preferred.
- Must have access to a personal computer with internet access.
- Experience with Google’s G-Suite is strongly preferred.
- Certificate of Service after serving a full term.
- College Credit Programs Accepted.
- Court Ordered Community Service Validation.
- Training will be provided.
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
To apply please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format only to hello@helpNYC.info with the subject line of “AMB Application”