Syringe Exchange Programs
Syringe Exchange Programs provide low-barrier access to clean and safe syringes for people who use substances. Using the harm reduction model, syringe exchange programs reduce the risk drastically for the transmission of diseases contracted through blood such as HIV and Hepatitis C. Syringe exchange programs are an intergral part of the Harm Reduction approach to substance use treatment.
For more information about the Harm Reduction Movement please visit the National Harm Reduction Coalition.
Please use our Suggest a Listing form if you know of a program that you would like to see on the helpNYC.info Resource Navigator.
Positive Health Project Syringe Exchange Programat Housing Works, Inc.
Positive Health Project Syringe Exchange Program
Monday - Friday10:00a - 8:00p
Saturday10:00a - 6:00p
website | 212.465.8304
301 West 37th Street, Second Floorat Eight AvenueNew York, New York 10012
Midtown West, Manhattan
Listing ID: 1831381969
Program DetailsPositive Health Project provides a range of services for substance users, including syringe exchange, health education, overdose prevention, case management, and benefits counseling.
Those who wish to remain anonymous may receive limited services. Confidential expanded services are available but limited registration is required.
- Anonymous Syringe Exchange
- Hepatitis C Care Navigation
- Safer Works Dispensation
- Safe Disposal
- Fentanyl Education & Testing Kits
- Some services may require confidential registration.
- Mental Health Counseling
- Harm Reduction Counseling
- Transgender Support Group
- Overdose Prevention Education
- Fentanyl Education & Narcan dispensation
- Harm Reduction Medicaid Services
- Peer Delivered Services
- Personal Hygiene Kits & Shower Access
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Education & Testing
- HIV & HEP C Testing
- HIV Pre- & Post-Exposure Treatment Access (PrEP/PEP)
- COVID-19 Education, Testing, and Vaccinations
- Acupuncture Services
Streetwork Lower East Sideat Safe Horizons
Streetwork Lower East Side
Syringe ExchangeMonday & Tuesday1:00p - 5:00p
Thursday & Friday1:00p - 5:00p
IntakeMonday & Tuesday10:15a - 11:30a
Thursday & Friday10:15a - 11:30a
Streetwork Lower East Side Drop-In Center33 Essex Streetbetween Grand Street and Hester StreetNew York, New York 10002
Lower East Side, Manhattan
website | 646.602.6404
Listing ID: 2172342968
Program DetailsA drop-in center for homeless and runaway youth.
Check the Homeless & Runaway Youth section for more information.
- Intake after the first visit.
- Young people up to age 30 only.
- Mental Health Counseling
- Housing Assitance & Referrals
- Personal Hygiene Supplies
- Computer Access
- Harm Reduction Services